“U” Series 3DOF Motion Platforms
The “U” series motion platforms / systems are the best compromise motion systems offered by ESI and these units are all fully professional, 3DOF electric, high fidelity synergistic motion platforms / systems. These units are the “best value” solution to any motion simulator application.
Some of the more common applications for 3DOF Motion Platforms / Systems include:
• Mid Fidelity Flight Trainers and Simulators for Aviation training
• Serious Driving and mining simulators
• Advanced University and Research Simulators (vehicle or flight)
• Military vehicle and flight training simulators
• Serious home cockpits
3DOF Motion Platform units have been developed under the most stringent academic and professional design guidelines, to offer the highest fidelity motion systems, for the highest demand applications, at the best value
The key difference between 3DOF motion platforms / systems and other units on the market, is “design intent”. These units have been engineered specifically to be used as “Simulators” – not “rides”. This means that our washout algorithms, our controller architecture, and our mechanism design have all been refined to create the highest fidelity possible at an incredible value price point. The 3DOF design is a "floating centre" architecture, unlike many competitive units on the market which feature a low rigidity "sliding joint" design. The architecture has been refined heavily to provide the best possible fidelity for a 3DOF motion system.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that the CKAS 3DOF motion platform units cannot be used in ride and entertainment applications. On the contrary, these units offer incredible performance / cost ratio, and the resultant customer experience is supreme.
As with all revolutionary products, ESI are providing more performance, for lower cost, and extremely limited maintenance requirements, making the 3DOF motion platforms perfect for ANY low to mid fidelity application.
3DOF motion platforms come standard with the following key features:
• Fully Electric Actuation
• USB plug and play
• Washout filters and acceleration onset cueing algorithms for:
• Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX / 2004
• Microsoft ESP
• Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
• rFactor (v1.225 or higher) and rFactor 2
• Generic UDP interface for custom user program or other systems
• X-Sim supported Games such as Dirt/Dirt2/Dirt3 F1 2010/2011/2012 and many more
• Provision for emergency stop and emergency pause switches
• Very high speed update 100Hz motion controller for extremely smooth high fidelity response
If an application is to have excellent performance at a very reasonable price, the “U” Series 3DOF motion systems are by far the best value alternatives on the market.