"T" Series 2DOF Motion Platforms
ESI manufactures professional quality 2 degree of freedom (2DOF) motion platforms / systems specifically targeted at low investment – high performance applications. These entry level motion platforms provide an unprecedented value solution for many motion simulator applications, which may not require a full 6DOF unit.
Some of the most common applications for 2DOF Motion Platforms / Systems include:
• Low cost Flight Simulators for Academic and Research Institutes
• Low cost military, Driving and mining simulators
• Consumer Ride Simulators (vehicle or flight)
• Domestic and Home Flight and Driving Simulator cockpits
Our 2DOF units have been developed under the same stringent standards as our full 6DOF professional motion platforms, and as such carry the same high fidelity performance, and quality of design and build.
One key difference is that the 2DOF motion platforms have some performance optimisations in the washout algorithms to compensate for the fact that only 2 axes (or 2 degrees of freedom) are simulated. Amongst other optimisations, the 2DOF software features what is known as “high pass emulated heave”, which captures many of the key high frequency “heave” channel cues and injects them into the simulation through the pitch channel. The end result is a 2DOF motion system which can compete with many 3DOF and 6DOF systems on the market in terms of performance.
As with all CKAS motion systems or motion platforms, 2DOF platforms come with the following key features:
• Fully Electric Actuation
• USB plug and play
• Washout filters and acceleration onset cueing algorithms for:
• Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX / 2004
• Microsoft ESP
• Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
• rFactor (v1.225 or higher) and rFactor 2
• Generic UDP interface for custom user program or other systems
• Provision for emergency stop and emergency pause switches
• Very high speed update 100Hz motion controller for extremely smooth high fidelity response